Australia VISA Options for partners
Prospective Marriage Visa and Partner Visa for Australia – Sub-classes 300, 309, 100, 820, 801
We love a good love story!
Which is why we are passionate about helping our clients reunite in Australia as partners.
But there can often be hurdles, and navigating your way through the different visa options and strategies can be confusing.
Onshore vs offshore. Waiting times. Visa conditions. Forms and documents.
We know that being apart from your loved one is upsetting and that you want to be together as quickly as possible.
We know you are worried about how to put together a convincing application and that you will be nervous waiting for a decision.
Relax! We work with couples like you all the time!
With 25+years of experience, the future for you and your partner is safe in our hands.
We can advise you whether any of the specific Partner visas – Prospective Marriage visa (sub-class 300) or Partner visa (sub-classes 309, 100, 820, 801) – are right for you needs or whether there are other visa options that may better meet your needs.
Let us cut to the chase and guide you and your partner on your best Australian visa strategy.
Your situation demands a unique strategy
Getting your strategy right from the beginning is crucial to success. At Aspire Australia, we will:
✓ Create your Migration Action Plan: analysing your situation and advising the best strategy for your journey ahead
✓ Craft your case: tailoring your check-list to capture all material relevant to your specific circumstances
✓ Close the gaps: preparing all supporting material to ensure nothing is missed and your application is approval-ready
✓ Manage your application from beginning to end: we will be with you every step of the way
Prospective Marriage VISA (Subclass 300)
The Prospective Marriage Visa 300 allows engaged partners to reunite in Australia. Marrying within nine months, you may then apply for the Partner visa.
- Applicants must be outside Australia both at the time of application and visa grant.
- If the applicant and sponsor marry during the processing of the application for a Prospective Marriage visa, the application may be transferred to that of a Partner visa.
(Subclasses 309, 100, 820, 801)
The Partner Visa enables Australia permanent residents or citizens to sponsor their married or de facto partners or fiance to live in Australia permanently.
- Consists of two stages: a temporary partner visa lasting two years (820 and 309) and a permanent visa stage (801 and 100).
- Applicants need to be sponsored by an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Applicants need to provide evidence that the relationship is genuine and continuing.
Not sure where to start? Start here
Download your Aspire Australia guidebook Reunite with your loved one and receive bonus material that will walk you through the process, step-by-step.
✓ Compare visa pathways
✓ Understand the criteria
✓ Discover the costs and timeline
✓ Learn how a migration agent can help
The Way We Do Things
Aspire Australia goes a step further than most migration agencies.
That’s because we’re not migration agents… we’re Migration SuperHeroes!
At least that’s what we’re told!
From the initial Discovery Session to the celebration of visa grant, we will guide you and your partner through the visa process from beginning to end. We will determine the best strategy for approval and take the pain out of the paperwork, ensuring that your application is lodged approval-ready.
Your relationship is important to you. Let us help you reunite with your loved one.
Where do I start?
Understanding the different pathways and deciding on the one that suits your circumstances is the first step.
For an overview of your options, download our guidebook: Reunite with your loved one.
Then, book your appointment.
The earlier you seek advice on the best visa option for your family and what evidence you will need for sponsorship – the better decisions you can make. Getting advice is the key first step.
Do I really need a migration agent?
We are biased, but yes!
Migration law is complex and subject to Government changes. A migration agent provides advice, prepares applications and liaises with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf.
We believe that rules show us the pathway to what’s possible. Keeping on top of the current rules means that we offer the right advice.
Why Aspire Australia?
Here at Aspire Australia we go above and beyond to ensure an approval ready visa.
Over 25+ years in the industry we have built a 7-Step Proven Pathway to lead our clients to success.
1. We will create and deliver your personalised MAP: Migration Action Plan to achieve the outcome your business needs. We will help you understand what’s possible and give you a guide for what’s next.
2. We’ll provide you with a tailored Start-up Kit to help you gather the data and documents we need to prepare an approval-ready application.
3. We will then work closely with you to ‘close the gaps’ and make sure all the key pieces of evidence are ready.
4. Our specialist lodgement staff will carefully collate your material to submit to the Department of Home Affairs. Our attention to detail means a quicker outcome for you.
5. We don’t stop at lodgement. We represent you through the whole process, liaising with the Department of Home Affairs and other bodies on your behalf.
6. It’s time to celebrate. We will let you know the outcome of your application – it’s our favourite part of our job.
7. We will make sure you have everything in place to be 100% compliant. We make sure you don’t get caught out.
This means you always know where you stand, what you have to do next and why.
We will be with you every step of the way.
Start by booking your appointment with us today.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
So, you’ve fallen in love, and want to spend the rest of your life in Australia with your partner. What an exciting time in your life! You…
Being separated from your loved one is incredibly stressful. As can a looming visa deadline, worrying that you or your partner might be sent…
Contact the Aspire Australia team and
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Aspire Australia newsletters and receive visa guides, immigration news and visa information.