The good news is that Australia’s economy is making a quicker-than-predicted recovery following COVID19. The not so good news is that …
Becoming an Australian Citizen marks the final step in your migration journey.
It is a treasured and often emotional moment as you reflect on your journey to reach this milestone.
But achieving this milestone is not always easy. For many, it is a struggle to meet the residence criteria for Australian citizenship due to frequent international trips to maintain ties with family, friends and business interests overseas. For others, past character issues present hurdles.
What is the best strategy for you? When is the best time to apply? Can you access any waiver or concessions?
If your goal is to gain Australian citizenship, understanding the criteria early on in your permanent residence journey is essential so that you can plan to meet the requirements over time.
We invite you to let us guide you through the process.
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!
Your situation demands a unique strategy
Before getting started, consider the following questions:
✓ Do understand your responsibilities as a citizen?
✓ How often do you travel out of Australia?
✓ Do you meet other criteria, such as English language skills and being of good character?
Your answers will help determine the best pathway, to ensure you are on track to gain citizenship as soon as possible.
Key Eligibility Criteria
Requires you to have lived in Australia as follows:
- 4 years’ lawful residence immediately prior to application
- No more than 12 months’ out of Australia during that period
- At least 12 months’ residence as a permanent resident
- No more than 3 months out of Australia during that period
Candidates for Australian citizenship must:
- Hold PR at the time of application until decision
- Have a basic knowledge of English
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship
- Intend to live in Australia
- Pass the character test
Not sure where to start? Start here
Download your Aspire Australia guidebook Pledging your loyalty to Australia and receive bonus material that will walk you through the process, step-by-step.
✓ Understand your responsibilities as a citizen
✓ Consider your options
✓ Discover the costs and timeline
✓ Learn how a migration agent can help
The Way We Do Things
Aspire Australia goes a step further than most migration agencies.
That’s because we’re not migration agents…we’re Migration SuperHeroes!
At least that’s what we’re told!
From the initial appointment to the citizenship ceremony – we will guide you through the process from beginning to end. We will determine the best strategy for you and take the pain out of the paperwork.
Your migration journey is nearly complete. Let us guide you through this final milestone.
Where do I start?
Understanding the citizenship process and deciding on the strategy that suits your circumstances is the first step.
For an overview of your options, download our guidebook: Pledging your loyalty to Australia.
Then, book your appointment.
The earlier you seek advice on the best way forward for you and what documentation you will need – the better decisions you can make. Getting advice is the key first step.
Do I really need a migration agent?
We are biased, but yes!
The citizenship process is complex and subject to Government changes. A migration agent provides advice, prepares applications and liaises with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf.
We believe that rules show us the pathway to what’s possible. Keeping on top of the current rules means that we offer the right advice.
Why Aspire Australia?
Here at Aspire Australia we go above and beyond to ensure an approval ready visa.
Over 25+ years in the industry we have built a 7-Step Proven Pathway to lead our clients to success.
1. We will create and deliver your personalised MAP: Migration Action Plan to achieve the outcome your business needs. We will help you understand what’s possible and give you a guide for what’s next.
2. We’ll provide you with a tailored Start-up Kit to help you gather the data and documents we need to prepare an approval-ready application.
3. We will then work closely with you to ‘close the gaps’ and make sure all the key pieces of evidence are ready.
4. Our specialist lodgement staff will carefully collate your material to submit to the Department of Home Affairs. Our attention to detail means a quicker outcome for you.
5. We don’t stop at lodgement. We represent you through the whole process, liaising with the Department of Home Affairs and other bodies on your behalf.
6. It’s time to celebrate. We will let you know the outcome of your application – it’s our favourite part of our job.
7. We will make sure you have everything in place to be 100% compliant. We make sure you don’t get caught out.
This means you always know where you stand, what you have to do next and why.
We will be with you every step of the way.
Start by booking your appointment with us today.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
They say time flies when you’re having fun. Well it’s safe to say, as we celebrate 21 years of Aspire Australia, we feel so privileged t…
Since the budget speech, additional information has become available about two areas of interest in relation to the migration programme: 202…
Contact the Aspire Australia team and
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Aspire Australia newsletters and receive visa guides, immigration news and visa information.