One mistake almost derailed my Australian dream. Thank you Sarah for guiding me through the appeals process in record time and helping to secure my Temporary Graduate 485 visa. I am so grateful!
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
Understanding the Review Process
No one wants to receive a refusal on a visa application or sponsorship. Receiving that letter gives you a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. Anxiety levels rise and you start to panic. Just breathe! It may not be the end of the road! In many cases, Australian sponsors and onshore visa applicants have the ability to apply for a review to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
There are many reasons why an application may be refused:
- The application may not meet the legal criteria at that time
- The evidence provided may have been unclear and could not be interpreted correctly by the decision maker
- The case officer may have incorrectly applied the law.
Analysing a refusal decision provides valuable information about how best to proceed. The next step may be to review the decision. Or it may be to lodge a fresh application. This will depend on numerous factors including location and visa status of the visa applicant, time, cost and of course the current legislative criteria.
Reasons for considering a review
- to have the original decision overturned and a obtain a new, positive decision
- to provide time to meet any time of decision or other criteria
- to provide additional time in Australia on a Bridging visa during the review process
- to access post-review Ministerial discretions
Going to the AAT
- There are strict deadlines for lodging a review application
- You have the opportunity at a hearing to be present and speak to the Tribunal Member
- You may provide additional evidence that is relevant to your application
- The AAT Member will apply the law but is not restricted by the Department’s often restrictive or unlawful policy
Our Happy Clients
Thank you for your efforts. I have no words to explain my gratitude to you and your team. You have been a huge help during all the procedures to get us to this stage of Permanent Residency. Really, it has been great, long awaiting news for us. We are still celebrating.
The Way We Do Things
Aspire Australia goes a step further than most migration agencies.
That’s because we’re not migration agents…we’re Migration SuperHeroes!
At least that’s what we’re told!
From the initial appointment to the celebration of visa grant, we will guide you through the appeals process from beginning to end. We will determine the best strategy for approval and take the pain out of the paperwork, ensuring that you are ready for your hearing.
We know a refusal can be devastating. Let us swoop in and rescue your visa!
Good News Stories from our Clients
Where do I start?
Understanding your options and deciding on the one that suits your circumstances is the first step.
The earlier you seek advice on whether you have a case – and what evidence you will need – the better your chance of a successful appeal.
Getting advice is the key first step.
Do I really need a migration agent?
We are biased, but yes!
The Australian Immigration process is complex and subject to Government changes. A migration agent provides advice, prepares applications and liaises with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf.
We believe that rules show us the pathway to what’s possible. Keeping on top of the current rules means that we offer the right advice.
Why Aspire Australia?
Here at Aspire Australia we go above and beyond to ensure an approval ready visa.
Over 25+ years in the industry we have built a 7-Step Proven Pathway to lead our clients to success.
1. We will create and deliver your personalised MAP: Migration Action Plan to achieve the outcome your business needs. We will help you understand what’s possible and give you a guide for what’s next.
2. We’ll provide you with a tailored Start-up Kit to help you gather the data and documents we need to prepare an approval-ready application.
3. We will then work closely with you to ‘close the gaps’ and make sure all the key pieces of evidence are ready.
4. Our specialist lodgement staff will carefully collate your material to submit to the Department of Home Affairs. Our attention to detail means a quicker outcome for you.
5. We don’t stop at lodgement. We represent you through the whole process, liaising with the Department of Home Affairs and other bodies on your behalf.
6. It’s time to celebrate. We will let you know the outcome of your application – it’s our favourite part of our job.
7. We will make sure you have everything in place to be 100% compliant. We make sure you don’t get caught out.
This means you always know where you stand, what you have to do next and why.
We will be with you every step of the way.
Start by booking your appointment with us today.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
Tiago didn’t believe he needed help from a Migration Agent – his appointment with Sarah showed him she was an asset he needed on his…
Anyone who has applied for an Australian visa before knows it is a huge undertaking. With usually only one chance, everything rides on getti…
Becoming an Australian citizen is a true honour. It is the final step in a long journey. The citizenship ceremony marks a very important mom…